Flash Builder Plug-in for SAP Netweaver Gateway
From Adobe Labs
We are happy to announce our Tech Preview of the new Adobe® Flash® Builder® Plugin for SAP® NetWeaver® Gateway Services (NGS). The plugin enables Flex developers to build web and mobile applications that access SAP data published via REST-based NGS. The plugin works within the existing Flash Builder Data Centric Development (DCD) workflow. Simple wizards allow developers to connect with and browse a Gateway Server’s Service Catalog and then generate ActionScript service wrappers and value objects for selected services.
- Data-Centric Development (DCD) Support for SAP's extensions to the OpenData Protocol;
- SAP NetWeaver Gateway wizard for Flash Builder DCD workflows;
- NGS catalog browser;
- Service introspection and ActionScript service wrapper generation;
- Flash Builder Data Services panel and Design view drag-and-drop integration;
- Support for Create, Read, Update and Delete operations;
- HTTP Authentication;
- Design View drag and drop support for binding data services to:
spark.components.Application spark.components.Button spark.components.ComboBox spark.components.DataGrid spark.components.DropDownList spark.components.Form spark.components.Label spark.components.List spark.components.RichEditableText spark.components.RichText spark.components.TextArea mx.containers.Form mx.controls.AdvancedDataGrid mx.controls.Button mx.controls.ComboBox mx.controls.DataGrid mx.controls.HorizontalList mx.controls.Label mx.controls.List mx.controls.Text mx.controls.TextArea mx.controls.TextInput mx.controls.TileList mx.controls.Tree mx.core.Application mx.core.WindowedApplication mx.charts.AreaChart mx.charts.LineChart mx.charts.ColumnChart mx.charts.BarChart mx.charts.PieChart
Features Not Implemented
- Fully tested Mac support (Next Release - End-Nov)
- Support for SAML and X.509 authentication
- Plugin installation and operation in Flash Builder for Mac. It is recommended not to use plugin for Flash Builder Mac at this time.
- "Title", "Author" is moved up from m:properties and doesn't show up in the data for test service: http://gw.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/opu/sdata/iwfnd/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT/$metadata Expected result: "Title" should be parsed correctly
- Intermittently, even though result type is apparently set successfully, the result element type is not successfully parsed.
- Key properties not identifiable on Service Details page
- Class name conflicts in some situations where multiple services a introspected. Work-around is to use prefix prior to generation to differentiate service classes.