From Adobe Labs
Adobe Prerelease Programs
Adobe Prerelease Programs are your chance to experience, evaluate and influence upcoming products & technologies from Adobe within a smaller, more focused user environment. Prerelease Programs facilitate a symbiotic development process allowing Adobe to share products in the development stage to gather early feedback. In the process you get a chance to shape the upcoming products and adapt to the new products faster.
Multiple engagement channels are available to Prerelease participants at Adobe:
- Access to download Prerelease software/technologies and technical documentation
- Ability to report bugs & request features for the Prerelease software
- Access to the Prerelease user forums for sharing ideas directly with Adobe product teams and other like-minded folks of the product’s community
- Opportunity to participate in various product-related surveys
A Prerelease program is an endeavor to engage the real users of the product – YOU – early in the development cycle of the product, to listen and learn from you on how the product is working for you.
Current Prerelease Opportunities: How to Apply?
You may fill in the application form for expressing your interest to join a products' Prerelease program at Adobe. The participation will be entirely based on the requirements of the program and the credentials of the participant.
As of now, the following Prerelease testing opportunities are available:
- Bolt - Bolt is the codename for Adobe’s new Eclipse™ based development tool that you can use to build applications for Adobe® ColdFusion®. Applications for the Bolt Prerelease Program are now being accepted. To apply, click the link below and select "Bolt Prerelease Program".
- Adobe Captivate - We need testers with many different backgrounds and system configurations for trying the new features and providing feedback. If you are interested in helping us finding any bugs and providing feedback, please complete the application form available below.
- Adobe Reader - Preview exciting new functionality!
- Adobe Wave - Adobe® Wave™ is an Adobe AIR application and Adobe hosted service that work together to enable desktop notifications. It helps publishers stay connected to your customers and lets users avoid the email clutter of dozens of newsletters and social network update messages. Adobe Wave is a single web service call that lets publishers reach users directly on their desktop: there's no need to make them download a custom application or build it yourself. The Adobe Wave pre-release program is geared towards developers, so if you’re a user who wants to try it out, apply using the link below. We’ll let you know when Adobe Wave is available for you to try!